Monday, October 22, 2007

Boshears Airshow 2007

Melissa and I went to Augusta, GA on Sat & Sun to see the Boshears Airshow at Daniel Field. We visited with our former neighbors from Augusta and saw some great airplanes.

My highlight was a ride in a C-45 (Beechcraft). The ride consisted of a brief trip north to the lake and then back to the airport. We did a high speed, low level pass down the runway at 190 knots, broke left a came back to land.

Amanda, Melissa, and Alyissa guarding the VIP Tent...


The Beech C-45


High speed, low level pass


My spot!



My former neighbor from Augusta after his flight in the SNJ-5. The flight included a formation with a L-39 jet, PBY-5 Catalina, two SNJs, and the C-45 in trail (a.k.a. a loose slot)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg, forgot to tell you. My first flight was in a C-45 (Navy SNB) from NAS Norfolk to NAS Anacostia (DC) and return. Got to fly right seat. I was stashed in FASRON 3 at NAS Norfolk after OCS awaiting my flight training class due to start on Sept'55. Dad