Sunday, October 18, 2009

Horsedrive














































I had a very fun vacation the end of September. My friend Carol and I drove to Bishop, California. We met up with about 20 other people and took a bus up to Rock Creek, approximately 10,000 feet in the Eastern Sierras. The next four days we rounded up and drove 100 horses and mules 80 miles to the city of Independence. The wranglers of the drive set up camp and cooked for us each day and night. It was crazy, exciting, scary, dirty and one of the wildest times I have ever spent. I rode a huge horse named Ears for the first 3 days. He didn't know how to walk and basically trotted the whole time. He did jump and gallop as well. The last day my butt decided we should ride a mule. His name was Ian and he was huge and walked as fast as my horse would trot. It was a great time.





































1 comment:

Greg said...

Sounds like fun! Get along little doggie!